Thursday, July 5, 2007
Rain on me

I've always wanted to play in the rain. Well, I got my wish this morning. I went walking after skipping a few days in between because of the weather here in Texas. I'm sure you have heard about how we're flooding over the beds of our rivers, lakes, and creeks due to 30 days of non-stop rain. Gee, what's going on with Mother Nature? Anyway, I was determine after my feast from yesterday I was going to walk, rain or shine. It started out pretty good until the rain started pouring down on me, 30 mins into my walk. If I wasn't so worried about my hair I would have continued but I took another detour back towards the house. I was still proud of myself for going inspite of the rain :)

Food:
We had a lot of food yesterday, for the 4th of July. I just knew I was going to pig out. But you know I didn't. I could only eat 1/3 of what I normally eat, which was good. I got full quicker and ate a lot less. What's shocking, I feel I don't like food as much as I use to, the taste of enjoyment isn't the same. I'm so into Smart One's by Weight Watchers and drinking my Slim-Fast. When I get hungry in between those two I'll eat some fresh cut fruits from the melon family, and some slice apples, pineapples, and grapes. I hadn't purchased my favorite yet- CHERRIES, but I will. And there's nothing like drinking some freezer cold bottled water. I find myself quenching my thirst with Ozarka Spring Water, the best cleanser the body needs.

Progress:
It's been a month since I've been walking. I feel so good about myself, knowing I'm doing something healthy for me and hopefully I'll be able to live a long and happy life. I don't know how much weight I've lost because I don't get on the scale, with the exception of today. I have a doctors appt so I'll know exactly how much I weight. I do know that my clothes are sagging off my hips. When I'm wearing a pair of jeans I feel like I'm a thug wanna be lol. I'm losing inches which is a good thing and my caloric intake is really less than 1000 a day. Ok I know thats way too low but hey, it's working of me and with time I'll increase it once I've lost the extra baby fat.






2 Comments:
Blogger Michelle had this to say:

The last few weeks -- I've fallen off my diet (excuse me: eating lifestyle change) and walking routine. I'm getting back on track this weekend though. Thanks for being an inspiration. You give new meaning to the phrase -- RainMan. Hee...

July 5, 2007 at 9:21 AM 

Blogger get zapped had this to say:

I loved hearing about your walk in the rain, it can shed more than pounds, while washing away our troubles. Good luck with your diet!

July 11, 2007 at 5:16 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

I am a woman, a mother, a friend, and a writer living a southern life while re-discovering me.

View My Profile
My Short-Term Goals
My Affirmation



Powered by: Blogger