Monday, June 25, 2007
Short- Terms Goals

In 1 year... 43 short- term goals written based upon my age, plus one for my birthday. One thing I've learned over the years, age is only a number. It doesn't define who you are as a person, it's the experiences in life that refines who we are and where we want to go with the one life we live.

These are my 43 goals I hope to accomplish in one year:

Starting today: Monday- June 25, 2007
Ending: Wednesday- June, 25, 2008

In Progress
Completed

1. write everyday at least 500 wrds or more
2. start on my second project for submission "Something for my Sistah's"
3. write a short erotical story with no boundaries
4. participate in NaNo-2007
5. listen more talk less
6. lose all my extra weight
7. walk everyday
8. give up soda's for one month during the summer
9. become a reading mentor for my kids
10. treat myself to something nice once a month
11. spend the weekend in Akwaaba D.C. (Washington, D.C.), Langston Hughes suite
12. learn to cook a vegetarian meal
13. send a list of gratitudes to a new friend
14. go on a ghost tour in Houston
15. learn to write Japanese poetry (Haiku & Hanibun)
16. start an online book club
17. attend the Romance Slam Jam in Chicago 2008
18. attend the Atlanta Book Fair 2008
19. read a book a week
20. go 2 days without talking on the phone
21. refrain from gossip
22. acknowledge a daily blessing
23. treat myself to some fresh cut flowers once a week
24. do not use my credit card for 6 months
25. create a cleaning schedule for my house
26. take a bus tour
27. keep my blog updated
28. visit a psychic for fun and curiosity
29. have movie night on Fridays with kids during the summer months
30. spend individual time with each kid before school starts
31. do something positive in a negative situation
32. send a scrape card to a friend via US Mail
33. send an e-cards to a blog friend anonymously
34. call grandmothers twice a week for one month
35. visit grandmothers once a month
36. re-design my writing room
37. create an inspirational wall of writers
38. go on a seasonal shopping spree
39. start something in honor of domestic abuse and literacy
40. don't stress over things I can't change but change the things I can- me
41. clean the mess off my computer
42. become a reading mentor to a child
43. visit my dad's grave

and one for my birthday to complete my year's goal
44. send a post card to PostSecret


The hardest thing on my short-term goals to do, visit my dad's grave. I frown at that thought because my dad and I wasn't close. I never consider him a real dad in the first place. It's been nearly 10 yrs since his death and I still hadn't made a visit to his grave. I don't see the purpose but a challenge to do something I really don't want to do. I find in life there are times we must do something we don't want to do, so this is it. I'm curious to know what feelings I keep inside if any at all about my dad as he lived and died once I make that visit. I don't think I have any resentment towards him but then again I don't know what I feel for him because I can keep things buried deep inside and never know if it's there or not. So visiting his grave will be the most challenging thing to do on my list of short term goals.






4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I hadn't written any goals for nearly 30 yrs. I may write a few to change the destiny of my life. I need something challenging, thanks for the idea. Good luck with your endeavours.

June 25, 2007 at 11:23 PM 

Blogger Southern Me~ had this to say:

I was telling a friend yesterday, it's been nearly 20 yrs or so since I written any goals. I think I was due :) Thanks for coming by!

June 26, 2007 at 8:28 AM 

Blogger Neither here nor there... had this to say:

we might as well have a bloggers retreat in DC... Akwaaba D.C. (Washington, D.C.)I'm planning to spend some time there as well.

June 26, 2007 at 6:14 PM 

Blogger Michelle had this to say:

I haven't made a list of goals for awhile. Maybe I'll give it a try. I wish you well in acheiving all you desire.

July 2, 2007 at 9:30 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

I am a woman, a mother, a friend, and a writer living a southern life while re-discovering me.

View My Profile
My Short-Term Goals
My Affirmation



Powered by: Blogger